FaithWorks supports the work of 18 Anglican affiliated ministries. Each of these agencies is run by compassionate staff and volunteers who know and understand the needs of the people they serve. Services are provided without discrimination and at no cost to clients.
AT-RISK WOMEN, YOUTH AND CHILDREN
Your support provides transitional housing and recovery programs to help vulnerable women and families break the cycle of abuse and poverty, as well as mentoring and services to help young moms and youth develop relationships based on love, respect and dignity.
- Couchiching Jubilee House, Orillia
- The Dam, Mississauga
- Downsview Youth Covenant, Toronto
- North House Shelter, North Durham
- Lakefield After-School Program
- Samaritan House Community Ministries, Barrie
- Toronto Urban Native Ministry
OUTREACH TO THE HOMELESS AND PRISONERS
Your gift shares God’s abundance with some of the most vulnerable members of our society: “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.”
- All Saints Church – Community Centre, Toronto
- The Bridge Prison Ministry, Brampton
- David Busby Street Centre, Barrie
- LOFT Community Services, south-central Ontario
- St. John’s Community Outreach Ministries, Peterborough
Now they have hope and freedom and can live their life without any worries
REFUGEES AND IMMIGRANTS
Learning to live in a new culture can be a frightening experience, especially when barriers of language, culture and discrimination seem overwhelming. Your gift helps to provide the resources and encouragement that enable newcomers to make the successful transition to life in their adopted homeland.
- Anglican United Refugee Alliance, south-central Ontario
- Flemingdon Park Ministry, Toronto
- Matthew House Refugee Reception Services
SPIRITUAL CARE FOR THE TERMINALLY ILL
Your gift to FaithWorks helps to provide home-based hospice and spiritual care for the terminally ill, as well as respite care and bereavement support for loved ones caring for a person with a life-limiting illness.
INTERNATIONAL AID AND RELIEF EFFORTS
FaithWorks Ministry Partners collaborate with local partners around the globe – and in remote communities in Canada’s North – to address root causes of poverty and injustice. Your gift helps to build healthy and sustainable families and communities.