FaithWorks supports the work of Anglican-affiliated ministries who care for and serve vulnerable and marginalized people in communities throughout the Greater Toronto and 905 areas.
Our FaithWorks Ministry Partners are love in action. Each and every day they share the transforming power of Christ’s love with thousands of people in need. These ministries are run by compassionate staff and volunteers who know and understand the need of the people they serve. Services are provided without discrimination and at no cost to clients.
With your support, FaithWorks:
Cares for people who are homeless and in need
FaithWorks Ministry Partners work to improve the well-being of people who are homeless and under-housed. They help people and families rebuild their lives.
- All Saints Church Community Centre, Toronto
- The Warming Room, Peterborough
- The David Busby Centre, Barrie
- Orillia Christian Centre, Orillia (The Lighthouse)
- Inn from the Cold, Newmarket
Cares for newcomers and refugees
FaithWorks Ministry Partners provide resettlement support that help new Canadians and refugees overcome language and cultural barriers that can make a fresh start in a new country feel overwhelming.
Cares for at-risk, women, children and youth
FaithWorks Ministry Partners provide transitional housing and recovery support to women, youth and children seeking to break the cycle of abuse and poverty. They also offer mentoring and support to help young moms and youth develop relationships based on love, respect, and dignity.
- Couchiching Jubilee House, Orillia
- Downsview Youth Covenant, Toronto
- North House Shelter, North Durham
- Samaritan House Community Ministries, Barrie
- The Dam, Mississauga
Cares for Indigenous Peoples and people who are HIV/AID impacted
FaithWorks Ministry Partners address the social and economic crisis in indigenous communities to ensure a better future for Indigenous Peoples. They also provide programs and services for people living with HIV/AIDS as well as adults and children who are HIV-impacted.
- Giving with Grace, Northern Canada & Ontario
- Philip Aziz Centre, Toronto
- PWRDF, in Canada and Internationally
- Toronto Urban Native Ministry, Toronto
I love The Dam because I don’t have a good sense of family. I’ve been on my own for two years and I was very depressed before I started coming. Then I came here, I got a sense of safety and family.
Client, The Dam